Emotional Intelligence (EI) is recognized as one of the most important qualities of successful leaders. Two of the main components of EI are self-awareness and awareness of others.
It is easy to assume that the same basic urges and motivations drive all people. In reality, people have many similarities and many differences, which can lead to misunderstandings and conflicts. The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®) is the best-known and most trusted personality assessment used in organizations to provide a framework for personal, team and leadership development. The MBTI profile reveals how we perceive, make decisions and interact with the world, giving insight into our motivation and the motivation of others.
The four-letter MBTI type is a shorthand about the interaction of the four mental functions and which ones are preferred to use first. MBTI sorts for preferences and does not measure trait, ability, or character.
Most Popular Self-awareness Instrument
- It is self-reporting and non-judging.
- There is a tremendous amount of research behind it.
- It is an international instrument and has proven valid across cultures.
- It allows for opportunities to understand and to be understood by others.
- The theory underlines that all people have access to all of the different personality traits but each individual has a preference for certain traits over their opposites.
- It concentrates on the strengths of each preference.
- It was developed by studying normal people in their day-to-day lives and it indicates normal rather than abnormal behaviors.
Business Applications for MBTI
- Preferred work environment
- Communication style
- Sources of misunderstanding
- Conflict resolution
- Learning style
- Leadership style
- Problem-solving style
- Project management style
- Reaction to change
- Reaction to stress
How Does MBTI Benefits Teams?
- Improves communications & productivity
- Identifies strengths and blind spots
- Clarifies team member’s behaviors
- Matches tasks to preferences
- Gives a framework for dealing with conflict
- Allows for more effective problem-solving
- Predicts potential problem areas
- Teaches to value and work with the strength of others
Got Questions or Need More Info: