Leading change: Two monologues don’t make a dialogue
An excellent article about the myths we perpetuate about change:
- Organisations are like machines
- ‘Disruptive’ change can be managed like a project
- Myths about those who resist change
If we perpetuate these myths, failures will continue to follow.
3 Tips the article offers:
- Know your change: Adaptive Challenges require involving people throughout your organisation.
- Mind your language: Language matters. These changes occur when every day thinking changes. Thinking changes when the narrative changes, which requires a different language.
- Welcome your resistors: See resistance as something to be understood not overcome.